Niantic is hosting an Earth Day cleanup for the second year running. During last year’s Earth Day, Niantic convinced thousands of people to help clean up their communities. They are hoping to grow that number this year by providing incentives to players who attend events that will be held around the world with the help of 15 NGOs (non-governmental organizations).
Attendees at each event will be cleaning up and organizing trash to help the NGOs start planting new trees and plants. To sweeten the deal, Niantic will be offering Pokemon Go and Ingress players bonuses depending on attendee numbers. Here are the lists of bonuses:
• 2,000 players: Increased appearances of Ground-type Pokémon
• 5,000 players: Shiny Diglett
• 7,000 players: Double Stardust and Candy for Event Spawns, plus Groudon in Raids
• 2,000 Players: Increased probability of getting heatsinks, multi-hacks, shields and power cubes (all types)
• 5,000 players: 2x AP for portals
• 7,000 Players: 2x AP for fields
Last year’s cleanup event saw 4,200 players. If you want to get involved this year you can sign up here.